Monday, May 15, 2017

Port of Barcelona [Through My Lens Nr. 94]

The Barcelona Travel Series will conclude on Wednesday with the fifth and final part, but before then I want to show some outtakes that I haven't included in the main travel series, simply because the space of a post is limited with how many images you can include. These photos show the Port of Barcelona on a busy late spring day. Thank you all for joining me in another week of "Through My Lens". I am looking forward to your submissions this week!

In the central area, it also houses "Maremagnum" (a shopping mall and nightlife complex), a multiplex cinema, the IMAX Port Vell (large-format cinema complex), and Europe's largest aquarium, containing 8,000 fish and 11 sharks in 22 basins filled with 6 million litres of sea water. Because it is located in a designated tourist zone, the Maremagnum is the only commercial mall in the city that can open on Sundays and public holidays. Next to the Maremagnum area are the "Golondrines", small ships that take tourists for a visit around the port area and beyond.







Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!

What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you.
I want to see your photography!

How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others!



Please spread the word and help me grow the link-up.
Use the image below for sharing

Or simply copy/paste this code in the HTML of your post

 

29 comments:

  1. I rarely visit large cities. I feel lost in them. Even if they are worth a visit sometimes. Love the little white man bouye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barcelona looks like a beautiful place to visit. It must have been interesting to visit the large aquarium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barcelona seems to be a place with a lot of beautiful places.
    Thanks for taking us with you!
    Have a nice week ... Frauke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frauke. The travel series is a bit more detailed, these are just a few snaps.

      Delete
  4. Every time I visit your blog, I feel so inspired to pick my camera and go out :)

    I've been to Barcelona a couple of times, but missed going to the port. Bookmarked for the next trip now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sid. I feel the same way with your great travel photography. Yeah, the port is really nice, definitely great on the weekends and especially at sunset.

      Delete
  5. Dearest Mersad,
    I've never been to Barcelona, but I know it's such a stunning city and your amazing shots do prove it !

    Thanking you for hosting every week your beautiful and inspiring link up party,
    I'm wishing you lovely days to come

    XOXO Daniela at - My little old world – (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barcelona is on my bucket list. Now I know what to look forward to. Thanks for the beautiful pictures and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are hoping to go to Barcelona later this year and I will be referring back to your posts for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvelous photos and impressions of Barcelona. Amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's wonderful place. Second shot is my favourite. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Barcelona series has been great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. I am currently writing the finale, which will be up this Wednesday.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful city, Barcelona! I have really enjoyed the series.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos, Mersad! Barcelona is a wonderful city.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful pics. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love the port of Barcelona, one of the most spectacular for arriving in the morning and departing late at night aboard a cruise ship. It is great to usually be able to walk to Las Ramblas from where the ship is docked. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Impressive outtakes. I run into that problem all the time. I love Barcelona, but didn't get a chance to explore the port area you showed us here

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post brings back a lot of warm pleasant memories. Thanks for capturing beautifully my fave city.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was so pleased to have you visit my little blog. You have a woderful one and share some of the best sights ever. Been to several countries, but never here. I tried to link in on this post, but could not get my image right. Will try another time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We spent January and February in Barcelona. Fell in love with the city. Your photos look very familiar. Know exactly where each of them was taken.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Barcelona looks like its a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic photos of Barcelona, Mersad! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Barcelona is incredible! Thanks for hosting Mersad!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The photos of the water and bridge make this city look inviting! I'm surprised these are outtakes. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is a very beautiful place. I must visit this. Now it's time to avail https://www.vfixphonesandtech.com/l for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.